Silver Wings- On The Rocks
..................................




Silver Wings are a group comprised of three brothers named Williams that banded together in 1988 to independently release this...  the aptly titled "On The Rocks."  Somewhere in between Robert Lester Folsom's "Music and Dreams" and America's "Hat Trick," the lone(?) Silver Wings album has a certain  warm hospitality about it... in spite of it's general lyrical despondency.  On the track "Who Really Cares" lead guy Randy Williams sings up-beat, "At night all alone, wanna call you on the telephone.  It's a shame.  Who's to blame?  Who really cares?" The first side of this record has been killing me lately.  I can not stop listening.  Not too many guitar solos or anything.  The insert has an invitation to join their fan club.  Kind of insane. 


Silver Wings- On The Rocks 





"I'd like to dedicate this L. P. to Dee for believing in me, for pushing me out into the Chicago cold when I might have stayed home... and especially to Linda..." 
   Sincerely,
 Randy



No comments:

Post a Comment